Wednesday, April 29, 2015

1 Month Post-Surgery Update

Well, it has been a little over a month since the surgery and we thought we would give everyone an update.  Since we have been back at home, I have been trying to rest and train my body how to work again.  It has been difficult at times, but I have had a lot of support from everyone around me.  I am thankful for all of the support from friends, family, and neighbors who have helped our family.  We couldn't have done it without your help.  I am not having a lot of pain now, but I don't have a lot of energy.

My family has been so helpful and understanding.  Today, Rachelle and Kaylee had to go get something at the school.  As they were walking, Kaylee saw a dandelion that had turned all white and puffy.  Rachelle told her to make a wish.  She didn't even hesitate,  and she said, "I wish for daddy to feel better."  My kids have been so understanding.  I don't get to interact with them like I used to, but we try to find activities that aren't too physically demanding to do together.

I have been working from home a little and try to get in to the office as much as I can.  So far this week, I have been in to work every day, even if it is just for a few hours each day.  I am grateful for an amazing boss and coworkers who have been patient with my recovery and covered for me when I am not feeling well enough to fulfill my responsibilities.

We have an appointment in two weeks in Salt Lake for blood tests and follow-up on the surgery.  We anticipate the tests turning out fine.  The next big step will be in about 2 more months when we do another scan to see if there is any cancer that they missed, or anything that came back.  Until then, I will keep working to recover and get stronger.

Thanks again for all of the love and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment